Due to the ongoing pandemic and compliance with the Governor's orders, normal office hours have been suspended. However, taxpayers may still drop of payments to this office generally throughout the business day. Special requests for specific matters should be done by appointment. Otherwise the Treasurer/Collector is in the Town Hall on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 12 pm until 5 pm.
It is the mission of the Treasurer/Collector's office to provide the highest level of customer service and support to all of the Town's constituencies (i.e., taxpayers, employees, retirees, or vendors), as well as satisfy the legal requirements set forth in Massachusetts General Laws and the Town's by-laws. This mission is illustrated through the following activities:
Cash Management activities of the Town:
- Collects all taxes and certain other bills due to the Town;
- Accounts for and invests all available cash (excluding the Retirement System);
- Disburses all Town funds via accounts payable and payroll processes;
- Maintains all records for and properly disburses the Town’s various tax obligations; and
- Administers all Town Trust Funds.
Employee Group Benefit Programs (except retirement):
Administers the Town's:
- Group Life Insurance Program;
- Deferred Compensation Program;
- Defined Contribution Plan for part-time, temporary and seasonal employees who are not eligible to join the retirement plans that cover the balance of the Town's employees;
In conjunction with the Human Resources Department, administers the:
- Group Health Insurance Program, and represents the Town on the regional joint purchase group that provides the plans;
- Long Term Disability Insurance Program; and
- Dental Insurance program.
All Debt Management activities of the Town:
- Produces all documentation required for both short and long term borrowing issues;
- Works with the rating agencies to maintain the Town's bond rating; and
- Disburses all town debt payments.