It is the mission of the office of the Town Clerk to be a primary provider of information and quality services to the community and to work cooperatively and in coordination with the varied departments and groups while performing a myriad of tasks to achieve established goals and comply with state and local statutes.
The Dunstable Town Clerk serves the residents of Dunstable through its function as official record keeper for Town Meeting and Vital Records and the Administration of Elections and voter related activities. Many of the statutory jobs are time-specific, while others can occur at any given day or time of year. Local, state and federal elections and Town Meetings have their own timetables, requiring certain action on the part of the clerk before, during and after. The clerk is responsible for all Town Meeting minutes and vote certifications. Any new or change to a bylaw accepted by Town Meeting must be submitted by the clerk to the attorney general within 30 days. Once the approval or disapproval comes through, it must be posted and the bylaws updated as needed.
Records found in this office are: Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Licenses; Zoning Decisions; Town Meeting Records; Annual Town Reports and Special Reports to Town Meeting; records of elections and lists of those who have served the town of Dunstable in elective or appointive office.
- Issues a number of licenses: marriage licenses, dog licenses, DBA Certificates, raffles and bazaars permits.
- Maintains records of amendments to the Town By-Law, and Zoning By-Law and references to accepted State Statutes.
- Accepts the required postings for all public meetings and maintains the public meetings calendar.
- Conducts the Annual Census and maintains the voter lists. The department conducts all Federal, State and Local elections.
- Attempts to respond efficiently, accurately and speedily to all requests by Town Officials, Boards and members of the public.
The Town Clerk is elected for a three year term.
|Carol A. Skerrett||Town Clerk CMMC|