According to the American Heart Association…
- Nearly 383,000 out of hospital sudden cardiac arrests occur annually.
- 88% of cardiac arrests occur at home.
- Effective bystander CPR provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival, but only 32 percent of cardiac arrest victims get CPR from a bystander.
LEARN HOW YOU CAN SAVE A LIFE
The Dunstable Fire Department and the members of the Dunstable Volunteer Firefighters Association are proud to offer CPR training through the American Heart Association to all of our friends and neighbors.
- We ask for a $10.00 donation per person to the Dunstable Volunteer Firefighters Association. Your donations help to cover the cost of the CPR card that you will receive upon successful completion of the class and to cover the cost of replacing and improving the supplies that we use in our classes.
- We offer training in Adult, Child, and Infant CPR as well as choking for bystanders and Healthcare Professionals. You will also learn how to properly use an Automated External Defibrillator to help someone in cardiac arrest.
- Classes are available to residents of all ages. There is no set age limit however younger children must be able to perform the skills covered in the class.
- Already CPR certified? Refresher classes are available.
If you or your group are interested in more information, or to find out about upcoming classes in the community, please contact Lt. Benjamin Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 978-649-6661, or see our comments form.
THE LIFE YOU SAVE WITH CPR IS MOST LIKELY TO BE THAT OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE